Leave the ecumenical movement now!!!!!!!!
Okay, lets assume for just a minute that this gift is operational today these facts below must be followed by the church members.
Speaking in an unknown tongue violates scripture when.........
1. When more than three speak at any given meeting! (1 Cor. 14:27, 23)
"if any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course (meaning 1 at a time); and let one interpret." -1st Corinthians 14:27, 23; NOTE (emphasis mine)
Okay so if you are in a church service or church meeting and from the time it starts to the time it stops, if more than 3 men speak in tongues at anytime during the service, your church is in violation of scripture. Verse 23 gives the reason for this: If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
2. When women do the speaking: (1Cor. 14:34)Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. HEY, all scripture was given by divine inspiration which means God told Paul to write this! So don't get mad at me I didn't write the Bible, if you are a woman you must adhere to this scripture! As it was in the Law or old testament times so shall it be in the New Testament times that women are to remain silent. I am not saying you cant sing but you can not in any way speak in tongues or preach and be Biblical at the same time.
3. When the speaker interprets for himself (1 Cor. 14:27-28)If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. 29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
4. When there is NO INTERPRETER! (1 Cor. 14:28) But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
5. When there is confusion! (1 Cor 14:33, 40) For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. Let all things be done decently and in order.
6. When self control is lost! (1 Cor 14-32) And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets/ No where in scripture does the Holy Spirit take over anyone's volition and control them!!!! In charismatic churches some one usually goes into a trance like state and supposedly receives a message and then spouts it off. This is totally demonic and is NOWHERE to be found in scripture!
7. When it results in NEW revelations (Rev. 22:18) For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: This is not hard to understand there are no more revelations today. God has revealed to us everything in the Word of God. If what you speak is of God shouldn't you add it to our Bibles?
8. When everyone is exhorted to seek the gift of tongues! (1 Cor. 12: 28-29,31,8-10)And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
9. When it does not edify the church! (1Cor.14:4-5,12,26)He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. 5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying. 12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
Well I don't know about you but every charismatic service I have attended or seen on TV has violated these scriptures. Which means you are in violation of The Word of God!!!!! And you need to evaluate your priorities. Remember, God put His Word above his very own Name so think about that and what you are going to say when you stand before the Lord. All the time you have wasted babbling in some type of made up language that never communicates the Gospel or anything that you or I can understand, could have gone towards real prayer.
Back To False Religion's Page